Feb 26, 2011

Look to the Lord. Don't just look at the dead body.


Our journey in life is to be with God, someday soon. Yes indeed death is a dreadful occasion. But as a Christian who is a Catholic I need to embrace death as much as I embrace life. Why? Because that is what God wants me to do.

Biasalah – dimana ada kematian disitu ada kesedihan. But do not dwell in sorrow for too long. Macam dalam homily Archbishop John Lee today at the requiem mass of the late Fr. Dapoz. When Jesus saw how Mary cried for her brother, Jesus felt a deep sorrow in his heart and he wept too. But, not because of sadness he wept. His tears were of disappointment because Mary, one of the Bethany Sisters, still look to the lifeless body instead of to the One who gives life and the Resurrection.

Fr. Dapoz is now in heaven, rejoicing with Mary, the saints, angels and all the holy people who have made it there. That is my faith and saya percaya itu 100 percent. So what now, after the burial and everything? My life will continue its journey and, just like all my loved ones who had gone before me, the memories that we shared will always be in my heart.

I will keep Fr. Dapoz’s legacy alive: to love and serve the Lord and His people, in my calling. From now I will have the more reason to keep my eyes fix to the Lord. From now I will be in a more and better communion with the saints in heaven. From now I will be what God wants me to become. And since the journey will definitely have its own twists and turns, then Fr. Dapoz, please pray for me to Jesus. Watch over me and guide me so that I can be the person that Jesus wants me to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment