Aug 11, 2010

Down memory lane. Bagus juga revisit sometimes.

Sambil saya online sama kawan lama saya on the other page, I felt like posting something. Untuk apa? Saja-saja. I also want to see where this will take me.

Sandakan will always have a special place in my heart. Walaupun tidak lama di sana but my first few years of learning how to live in a community started out right disana. Saya pun rasa if it's not because of Sandakan punya exposure at such an early age, I won't be the person I am today - someone yang (kononlah) sangat peramah. I think pandai juga terover friendly sometimes, but apa boleh buat la. Blame Sandakan for that!

Children should live as children. That is also another part of Sandakan yang saya suka and will always love to remember. My childhood was sometimes better than perfect. Betul ni! And I won't argue juga lah yang because of that better than perfect punya lifestyle, it did cripple some parts of my adult life. I'm still adjusting because of it, tapi I guess that imperfection is a must, sebab kalau tidak tiadalah si Sukacita Tuhan ini ber-blogging. Who would have thought the little girl yang dulu lari-lari main bubut-bubut sana di St. Mary's Church (now Cathedral), will one day have to go through hell to catch a glimpse of heaven?

Now, as I sit menghadap ni pc, in my mind, I can see my life back in Sandakan. The old government house, St. Mary's primary school, the church, para mak nyah yang selalu berkumpul every Saturday night di bawah bukit St. Mary (well yang ini was 24-20 years ago la, time saya di sana dulu), Batu 4, the clinic yang selalu saya kena bawa kalau sakit dekat pasar ikan, my friends, my dare-devil adventures time school, the dogs yang we lost while still there, either jatuh sakit or kena abduct, the evening jogs turun naik bukit tempat kami tinggal and banyak lagi la. One by one came into my mind ni.

Anyway, that was life then. I have to keep my mind in front and start living my life in the way that I should be living. But like I said in my title, bagus juga revisit the history sometimes. For me, it will keep me grounded and it works.

0 comments:

Post a Comment