Jun 23, 2011

The other face of my soul.

You write because you want to know yourself better. 
Your writing success is beyond your control.
I got the above caption from Mr Coelho’s blog. Yes, the writing part is true. Whenever I put my thoughts in words I’m learning things about myself and about everything and everyone else around me. Although sometimes I do worry about other’s noticing how ‘good’, I think, I am, I will still write the things that I feel the need to write about. When I switch on the writer in me the outer world cease to exist. It’s just my mind, my soul, the glaring light of the computer screen, the music which I have select to accompany my trip into my heart and maybe sometimes a cup of hot milo. 

Sometimes it’s about my past. Sometimes I got the light bulb after watching or listening to a song in Youtube. Sometimes life speaks to me from the books or blogs that I read. Sometimes it’s from a movie. Sometimes from the conversation I had with others. Sometimes the thought just dawned on me and it went straight to my fingertips. The next thing I knew I was creating a sentence that made sense to me. 

I write because it is who I am. Although I’m still hoping that I can make a living as the kind of writer I am, it doesn’t really bother me that much now. Even if I will never get the kind of acknowledgement I hope for, it is still ok because I am writing for myself. And I have learned that there is a piece of me in everyone else just like a piece of everyone else is in me. So as much as I am writing for myself, I know that I will get to touch the other me in everyone else.  And that’s the biggest accomplishment I have made and will continue making.

0 comments:

Post a Comment